Feb 16, 2012

Proenza Schouler F/W 12 Part I

I'm disappointed because I was expecting to love this. While I hate those baggy leather pants they are not the reason I'm not gaga for this collection. The collection is a little too, how do I put this...Balenciaga. Proenza Schouler is arguably the American Balenciaga, they share a similar design aesthetic and the Balenciaga woman was very similar to the Proenze Schouler woman, but never before have I seen echoes of Balenciaga in a Proenza Schouler collection and I'm not just seeing echoes of Balenciaga, I'm seeing straight mirror images in some cases. Jack and Lazaro I like what you did, but I liked it when Nicolas Ghesquiere did it the first time. To their credit not all the pieces look like copies, I see a lot of their brand as well and I really love those looks, but I shouldn't being seeing this much Balenciaga guys, you know better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment