Nov 6, 2011

Beauty Inspiration: Red Lipstick

Red lipstick is something I wear only from November to April, and I love that it can be wore so many different ways. I don't mean to talk like a "beauty expert" and I know most women can do their own makeup better than a makeup artist could but I also know a lot of women can't do their makeup that well (including some of my friends and my sisters...sometimes). I love makeup but I also tend to go through makeup phases of wearing it then not wearing it. I started playing with makeup at a very young age and I have a special relationship with red lipstick. When I was little red lipstick was makeup equivalent of diamonds: you could only wear them once you reached a certain age. My mom used to wear red lipstick every day, and I would put it on (along with her jewelry and heels) when no one was home and fantasize about the day I could actually wear it. I really didn't start wearing red lipstick until a few years ago and I used to only wear it when I went out at night or when I was in New York. But then I realized that I could wear it in the daylight, hell I even wore it to class the other day; but you just had to own it. Anyone can wear red lipstick, but you have to be confident. If you think you look like a clown in red lipstick chances are people will think you look like a clown. It also depends how you wear it in the day, and what you wear it with. In the day I wear it with no other makeup except for concealer to even out my skin, and I'll wear skinny jeans with a sweater and boots or flats. If you are rolling your eyes at this right now, I get it I sound like I know better than you, but I love reading about new ways to do my makeup so why don't I share what I know? (If you want to hear from an expert go to allure.com and they have step by step slides of runway makeup it's pretty great). I also don't trust a lot of websites because I know they are endorsing products that may not be the best, and they may not even use! No one is paying me to endorse shit, so why don't I share what I like,if you like. Lancome l'absolu rouge 150 is great, it lasts (as long as you aren't eating and drink through a straw) and it isn't drying. Chanel is also one of the best but they discontinued my favorite red so I'm kinda pissed at them. For a cheaper brand I would go for L'oreal, honestly L'oreal makes great makeup, their mascaras trumps any department store brand and I'm super picky when it comes to mascara. L'oreal's infallible lipstick compact is great, it lasts longer than any other lipstick I've tried BUT your lips can't be chapped at all or it will start to flake and clump especially if you reapply.   

No comments:

Post a Comment