Aug 3, 2010

Gisele: Please, don't give interviews anymore

-When she was asked about women and eating disorders, Gisele said, “I never suffered from this problem because I had a very strong family base. Parents are responsible, not the fashion industry.” A shitstorm ensued, with media across the globe condemning her for the icy hauteur of her remarks. “Excuse me,” she’d said, “there are people born with the right genes for this profession.”
Do you stand by those comments today?
If they have a problem, they have to talk to my parents. Because they’re the ones who made me. Look, I’ve never met anyone who has it.
Really? In ten years in your industry, you’ve never crossed paths with anyone who "
Not that I’ve seen. I don’t think it’s something that people go around talking about. I do think what saved me is that I’ve been very athletic since I was very young. I think your body has muscle memory." (In their willful obliviousness, her remarks remind me acutely of something, and after a minute I’ve got it: Talking with Gisele Bündchen about eating disorders is like talking with a pro athlete about steroids.)

"I think breastfeeding really helped me keep my figure. Some people here (in the US) think they don't have to breastfeed, and I think 'Are you going to give chemical food to your child when they are so little?' I think there should be a worldwide law, in my opinion, that mothers should breastfeed their babies for six months."

"It's not like because someone else delivered him that's not my child" 

“I wanted him to be called River because I wanted something always flowing, immortal. My husband said, ‘There’s no way we’re going to call him River"

No comments:

Post a Comment